Reading Reflections:Answer 2 questions from Chapter 3
1. Describe the rise and fall of the relationships between Jung and Freud
2. Explain the principles of equivalence, entropy, and opposites.
What is one question you have after reading?
What is one thing that really stuck out?
What is one thing you disagreed with?
Cite and put pages
An Introduction to Theories of Personality, Hergenhahn, B.R. and Olson,
M.H., Prentice-Hall’ 8th Edition
Article 1page summary of the article on Foo et al., CITATION
Foo, M., Freedle, L. R., Sani, R., & Fonda, G. (2020, July 27). The Effect of Sandplay Therapy on the Thalamus in the Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder: A Case Report. International Journal of Play Therapy. Advance online publication. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pla0000137
Sandplay The summary does not have to be in APA style (you can use bullet points). The summary should provide answers to the following prompts:
1. What are the major ideas addressed in the article?
2. What specific prediction(s) or hypothesis(es) are being tested? What were the main
independent variables (what the researchers manipulated) and dependent variables (what the researchers measured)? For the case studies, what are the characteristics of the case, how was it selected and why?
3. What research design and methods are used in this study? Are they adequate to answer the research questions?
4. What were the reported results of the paper? For case studies, how was the reported theory applied to the case?
5. What was the writer’s interpretation of the results/case study? Was the writer’s interpretation appropriate from the results they reported?
6. What are the implications of the research? Are the findings generalizable? How can they inform clinical practice?
7. Has the researcher presented an unbiased evaluation of the study/method employed?
8. Is the researcher justified in making any theoretical claims that are made on the basis of
the studys findings? Were the hypotheses supported or rejected?
9. What is the most interesting aspect of the paper? (This does not necessarily need to be the same as the most important bit above but often is.)
10. How did it reading this article impact your understanding of the theory and its application?
Describe the rise and fall of the relationships between Jung and Freud