IDCC355 Strategies in International Corporate Communication.
Assignment 2. Strategic problems in global communication. The Global Audience. (3%)
Client: Airag Mongolia, mass producer of Mongolian Mare’s milk.
Client wants to widen global reach and grow sales.
Here’s the GLOBAL audience:
Target the client/product at this GLOBAL audience.
In bullet points and short sentences:
- Define this audience for me. 6-7 short bullets that:
- Describes their key characteristics (3 bullets)
- Describe their key shared beliefs (3-4 bullets)
- Why they’d want your product (1-2 bullets)
- Key influencers. What groups of people would influence the opinions of this audience? What sectors of society would they be found (eg sport? Business?)? (1 bullet parag)
- Name one opinion leader who would help favourably influence this audience’s perception of you, and your product (one bullet with one sentence explanation).
- Define 4 universally held, global, values that you could use to communicate this product (2 can be operational – like colour and logo; 2 social, like health or the environment). Global values = beliefs/preferences that your client or target audiences shares with much of the rest of the world.
- Define 4 values specific to your audience or client that you could use to help communicate this product (again 2 can be strictly operational – like colour and logo; 2 societal, like sport or the environment). Local values = beliefs/preferences that are distinctive/specific to your target audiences or your client, and not necessarily the rest of the world.
- Provide six ways in which this identity will be communicated, and why these ideas may be effective. Give me a little detail, eg – anyone can say speeches. Give me a sample speech title and the person who will make it; if you say you will work with local opinion leaders, say how – eg visits to schools? Movie? No commercials – that’s marketing and commercials aren’t as influential as they used to be, as we all know. (short paragraphs)
- Suggest a good time in the year to begin your communication campaign, and why. (short paragraph)
- Provide a one-sentence summary of your global identity in a way that will mean something to your target audience.