In the article, “A small tumour, a giant timebomb”, Margaret Wente proposes that healthcare in Canada should be privatized. Write a Critical Response to Wente’s article (750-1000 words).
▪ You must keep to the format and requirements as explained in class.
▪ Look closely at the Student Sample Essay provided in the Assignment folder
▪ Your 5-paragraph critical response must have an introduction, 3 proof (body) paragraphs and a conclusion.
The 3 proof (body) paragraphs must be a critical analysis of the article using 3 of the 4 types of Criticism taught in class:
Evidentiary Criticism Practical Criticism Ethical Criticism Logical fallacies
▪ Each proof (body) paragraph must follow the P.E.E.R. format (Point /Topic sentence, followed by Evidence/Examples with Explanations (at least 2) followed by Reiteration/ Restatement (paraphrased).
▪ Refer to this handout, the Sample Assignment, the notes in Weekly Modules 4-6, and the Grading Rubric (in the Dropbox) to do the assignment correctly.
▪ You are NOT permitted to use any research-based support for your critical response.
▪ You are required to support all your criticisms of the article by using details from the article. You must include in-text citations for quotations and paraphrase/summary using the APA format, when doing so.
▪ * Failure to include in-text citations and a Reference page is considered an act of plagiarism and the whole essay will be given a zero.
▪ You must also include an APA formatted Title Page and a Reference Page. Your Reference page should be at the end on a separate page, providing only the reference to the assigned article.
▪ Your essay must be typed, double-spaced, and in 12’ Times New Roman font, or one of the other acceptable fonts discussed Week 2 in the Title Page video.
2020 02 Checklist for Critical Response Essay 2020 Critical Resp Assignmt Article -A Small Tumour A Giant Time Bomb(1)(1) (1) Critical Response Essay OUTLINE template_ 2020 02(1)