This post provides an discussion on several topics. One of the questions disused herein is The main influences of worker job satisfaction and determine if there is a connectivity to employee loyalty to the organization. Another one is “Discuss the pros and the cons of hiring candidates straight of college/university. What are the risks, if any, are there to the hiring organization?”
various When you write your individual assignment, please go beyond the textbook, and supplement the topic with peer reviewed references. Five peer-reviewed references are required for this paper. If you choose to use non-peer reviewed sources, you may do so, but it will be in addition to the 5 peer-reviewed references.
When writing your report, please think in terms of Human Resource Management’s role and responsibilities as they relate to your topic.
Pick one of the topics below for your Individual Report:
- Discuss the pros and the cons of hiring candidates straight of college/university. What are the risks, if any, are there to the hiring organization?
- How effective are benefits, bonuses, and compensation packages in extracting optimum performance for employees? How do they work and discuss any potential pitfalls or issues that the HR professional should keep in mind while administering these programs?
- Evaluate and discuss whether it is more important that a candidate have professional qualities, or have a fitting personality, to be a successful applicant. How does a HR professional gather the data to make such a recommendation?
- Discuss the various approaches and methods used to understand the supply and demand of candidates for your business. Discussion will need to include any differences in techniques/methods between workers and management approaches.
- Compare and contrast the two notions that the Human Resources function is a support role, or the Human Resources function is a strategic/core role to the business.
- Discuss employer turnover, the ways to measures and how it is managed. How is the information used and is it necessary for HR to intervene, making comment on whether turnover is a good thing, or a bad thing?
- Discuss the main influences of worker job satisfaction and determine if there is a connectivity to employee loyalty to the organization.
- Discuss the concept of career planning from an HR perspective, and discuss, compare, and contrast whether career planning should be centered around the employee, or on the needs of the organization.
- Discuss the advantages/disadvantages of internal recruiting versus external recruiting methods. Give specific discussion of the legal issues to the organization that the Human Resources professional needs to know.
- Discuss the validity of employee-sponsored benefits, such as childcare, sick leave, LOA, sabbaticals, and etc, to an organization and whether these benefits should be funded by the employer, government, or the employee. Provide an argument to support your belief.