This post is about writing a short memo on the pros and cons of opening primary schools in Ontario in September. In addition, it will entail writing as an expert economist giving your economic opinion to the Ontario Ministry of Education.
For your final exam, you will write a short memo on the pros and cons of opening primary
schools in Ontario in September. You will be writing as an expert economist giving your
economic opinion to the Ontario Ministry of Education. Because senior officials must balance
dealing with several complex issues simultaneously, this memo must be clear, concise, and
accessible to non-experts.
I have uploaded you with four sources on the subject including a newspaper article, an op/ed, a
policy report, and an academic journal article. You will use these sources to prepare your memo.
You are not to do any further research for this assignment.
Your briefing note should be no more than 750 words, typed, and double-spaced, using 12-point
Times New Roman font and one-inch margins. No reference list is needed as you will be
drawing only from the four sources provided for material for your memo.
Topic: The pros and cons of opening primary schools in Ontario in September
Your memo’s assessment criteria will be based on the following:
– Is the memo clearly written? Is it concise, easy to read, and free of grammatical or
– Does it provide both relevant and accurate background information to the Ministry, based
on the facts provided in the background materials?
– Are the pros and cons expressed in the memo to the Ministry accurate, given the
information in the articles?
– Would your memo assist the Ministry in making a real-life decision?
– Does your memo use the economic theories and ideas presented in the coursework?