What are the differences between bottom-up and top-down estimating approaches?
You’re required to write an essay that discusses and compares: What are the differences between bottom-up and top-down estimating approaches? Further, you are to discuss under what conditions would you use one over the other?
Use of references to support your discussion is required. As a rule of thumb, use approximately one reference for every 200 words.
However, it is not only about the quantity, but more importantly about the quality of references you use. We expect to see a quality
academic journals and books in your reference list, particularly project management literature.
The Assessment is to be submitted in Word document. Submission is via Turnitin in Canvas. Please follow the following formatting details for
• 1,200 -1,500 words in length
• Harvard Referencing style
• Double-spaced, Times New Roman font size 12 or Arial size 11 font
• Cover page (with SID), title and date (month, year)
• Reference list, graphs, diagrams and appendices (can be single spaced, font size 10) are not included in the word count
• Page margins should be no less than 2.5cm on each side
Student responses will be assessed according to:
• Clarity and logic in the expression and in the use of appropriate essay structure.
• Depth of understanding of the given topic and evidence of critical analysis.
• Written expression, showing strong logic and integration from start to finish without spelling, grammar, or punctuation errors
and suitability of language for the purpose of the document.
• Appropriate use of sources and scholarly nature of the referencing and adherence to academic standards.
Please refer to attached rubric for marking criteria.