You are responsible for the newly formed talent analytics group in HR at a major technology firm. The head of HR is concerned that the company will lose critical talent in the upcoming organizational change initiative. She believes that women are underrepresented in marketing, and she is especially concerned that highly educated women will leave, adversely impacting the potential for women in leadership roles.
Please use this data set to answer the following questions. Craft your answers as if you were communicating your insights to the heads of R&D, Sales, Marketing and HR, and make your answers
easy to understand for non-technical leaders. Do not include programming code or Excel tables.
1. Do the data support the two assertions of the head of Marketing as described in the problem statement? Explain why or why not. (20 points)
2. Describe at least three variables that are common for employees in R&D, marketing and sales who are at a disproportionate risk for leaving based on the data provided. You can use any tool that you wish, or the work can be conducted with pivot tables in Excel. Summarize any themes that you see in these variables so you can communicate your findings to the head of HR. (20 points)
3. Your boss, the Chief Analytics Officer for the company, wants to demonstrate the value of talent analytics to the executive committee. You do not have resources to support all the divisions. Which division will you support to prove the value that you can generate? Explain the strategic rationale for your
choice. (20 points)
4. Develop three recommendations for the leader of the division that you are supporting to address the attrition risk factors that you identified in question 3. What is the top recommendation that you would make to the head of the division that you chose to support? Explain the rationale for the recommendation that you chose. (20 points)
5. For one of your recommendations, how would you design a rapid experiment to learn whether your recommendation successfully mitigates attrition? What information beyond employee survey data would you want to track? How would you collect and report the data? (20 points)
Your work will be assessed based on the accuracy of your response, the completeness of your answers, and your strategic rationale.