You’re a newly hired marketing analyst at a hot new social photo-sharing app that has just raised $250 million from some of the top venture capital investors in the world. You’re spending your third week on the job working on various special projects for the CEO’s chief of staff. You’ve been given the following tasks:
● The CEO is going to be part of a CNBC special on “Reimagining Capitalism.” In her segment, she’ll be part of a panel discussion discussing shareholder capitalism and stakeholder capitalism. One of the producers has given her a heads up that, among other things, she’ll be asked to give her answer to the question: “What is the primary role of a business?.” Complete the following prompt in no more than 200 words.(150 words enough)
○ To help her prepare, write a short email summarizing the shareholder capitalism vs. stakeholder capitalism debate. Also, give your personal opinion on the answer to the question: “What is the primary role of business?”
● With the newly raised capital, the board of directors has recommended building out the senior leadership team. Answer the below questions in no more than 200 words total (150 words enough) .
○ Should the recruiting team prioritize hiring a senior marketing executive or a senior finance executive first? Why?
○ What are the pros and cons of hiring each first?
○ What are their respective responsibilities?
○ How would the two hires work together?
○ What is the one characteristic each of the two hires should have?
For each task, you are welcome to use any publicly available information (i.e., textbooks, articles, the internet, etc.). Always cite your sources. Source credibility will be factored into your grade
You’re a newly hired marketing analyst at a hot new social photo-sharing app that has just raised $250 million from some of the top venture capital investors in the world.