Answer three (3) of the following questions. See also attached figures and references. Please consider the questions and focus on the issues and comparisons.
2. Compare Scamozzi’s Palmanova (1615)and Ebenezer Howard’s Garden City (1898). Consider formal/organizational issues and what each represents as an urban idea.
3. Compare the following residential projects in the context of NYC and Paris respectively: Wright and Stein’s Sunnyside Gardens in Queens and the Redent Housing within the Ville Contemporaine of Le Corbusier.
4. Discuss and compare the strategies for city growth in Oglethorpe’s (18th c.) Savannah, Georgia USA and Cerda’s (19th c.) Barcelona Spain.
5. Compare and contrast Le Corbusier’s Radiant City and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Broadacre City. Discuss attitudes toward existing cities, scale and density
6. Fictional encounter: Le Corbusier comes to USA in 1963 for the opening of the Carpenter Center in Cambridge MA. On that trip he visits NYC, and is given a walking tour of Greenwich Village by Jane Jacobs. They discuss urban issues. Write the dialogue of their tour.