For this assignment, watch the film in module resource link
1. 18 minutes in, the narrator has an interview with Jay Rushton, a psychologist who still argues that there is a biological hierarchy in intelligence. Using your knowledge from this week, our week on the human brain, and the article “Why Genes Don’t Count (For Racial Differences in Health)”, explain why he is wrong. (His arguments suggest that you can identify race from skeletons and DNA, and that white and east Asian women produce larger brained babies). Why is brain size not relevant?
2. Discuss how modernization is impacting “intelligence” across the world using the information presented in the film Race and Intelligence: Science’s Last Taboo.
All written assignments should follow these guidelines:
– Must include a cover page that includes: Your name, my name, class name, date
– Each paper must have 1-inch margins all around
– Each paper must be in Times New Roman font, size 12.
– Each paper must be double-spaced
– Each paper must be submitted as a .doc file, otherwise it may not open.
– Must use APA (6th ed.) citation as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
– Must include, on the final page, a reference page that is completed according to APA
– Source must be academic. Refrain from using most internet sources. NO Wikipedia!
-10% will be automatically deducted for not following these instructions.