Research the health-illness continuum and its relevance to patient care. In a 750-1,000 word paper,
1. discuss the relevance of the continuum to patient care and present a perspective of your current state of health in relation to the wellness spectrum. Include the following:
2. Examine the health-illness continuum and
3. discuss why this perspective is important to consider in relation to health and the human experience when caring for patients.
4. Explain how understanding the health-illness continuum enables you, as a health care provider, to better promote the value and dignity of individuals or groups and to serve others in ways that promote human flourishing.
5. Reflect on your overall state of health. Discuss what behaviors support or detract from your health and well-being. “I am pretty healthy by the special grace of God” , just borderline anemia.
6. Explain where you currently fall on the health-illness continuum.
7. Discuss the options and resources available to you to help you move toward wellness on the health-illness spectrum.
8. Describe how these would assist in moving you toward wellness (managing a chronic disease, recovering from an illness, self-actualization, etc.).