At Apax Researchers, we allow only the owners of copyrighted materials to submit a report on infringing materials found on our website. This means that the company cannot act on a request submitted by an individual who is not the rightful owner of the material being claimed as infringing. If you believe the materials on our website infringed on intellectual property rights, you are free to contact the owner, who should then contact us.
Notification: Apax Researchers has a high regard for intellectual property rights of other people. By the same token, we demand that all users visiting our site must reciprocate this respect by not misusing our services. Apax Researchers may at its own discretion, take measures to prevent misuse of its services by users, including but not limited to terminating services and/or blocking such a user from accessing our website. The same action may be taken by those who violate the intellectual property of other people by posting it on our site. In case you find your intellectual property rights violated by any user on our website, we ask you to offer as much information as possible to help us take the necessary actions. Provide the following:
- A digital or physical signature confirming that you are authorized to act on behalf of the intellectual property owner whose rights have been violated.
- A copy of the intellectual property you find infringed on our website. In case you find multiple violations of your works, which can be found on your website or that of the copyright owner, please send a link to your site.
- A specific identity of the exact material you believe is a product of infringement. Please send us the URL of the exact material you believe should not be on our platform so we can help you promptly. Sending us our own search paper is not enough and can delay our response due to the high volume of articles on our site.
- Send us your contact information, including but not limited to phone number, email, physical address, and any other detail you think can help us reach you faster. This information helps us serve you promptly.
- A statement of good faith showing that your request is without malice and prejudice, and that you believe the content published on our site violates copyright laws.
- A copy of statement showing that the information you have included in the notification is accurate and subject to perjury laws, and that you are either the owner of the content or you are authorized to act on the intellectual property owner’s behalf.
You can reach the agent in charge of such notices using the following contact information:
SUBMIT A CONTENT TAKEDOWN NOTICE here
If you'd prefer not to use our form, you may also submit by the following:
Alternatively, send the intellectual property infringement notice through this email:
e-mail us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you are a user who received a notification from us informing you that your content amounts to infringement, and you wish to counter the statement, we are open to listen to you. You can submit the counter notice to our agent in a written format, but you must include the following:
- An electronic signature or a physical one
- Specific information about the removed content or one whose access we have limited or disabled. Include also the location of the material before it was removed.
- A sworn statement, under the penalty of perjury, stating that you have good faith that your material was erroneously and/or unfairly removed or disabled from our site.
- Your contact information, including but not limited to name, phone number, address, email, and any other detail you consider relevant for communication.
Send the notice to this email:
e-mail us on: email@example.com
It is worth noting that Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act states, “any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.”