1. Explain analytically and in detail the following subquestions with appropriate examples: (A) What is public policy? (B)
The differences between Formal Policies & Informal Policies. (C) Differentiate the following policies (i) Prescriptive, (ii)
Descriptive, and (iii) Symbolic policies.
2. “How an issue is characterized” or perceived by many “is a crucial component of policy making process?” Make explicit
and elucidate this observation in detail. (Answer this question with reference to three “constructing public policy issues”).
(B) Explain analytically and in detail the following concepts: “Strict Constructionist” and “Contextual Constructionist”. (C)
Discuss analytically and in detail the following types of public policies with examples: Distributive, Redistributive, and
3. “Why Study Public Policy?” Discuss analytically and in detail.
4. What is policy cycle?. Discuss analytically and in detail various stages of the policy cycle.
5. Explain analytically and in detail the correlation between “public policy and political theory.