1. Explain how may national sovereignty affect the operation and enforcement of Extra-Territorial law in human trafficking? (Reference to the definition of national sovereignty that limits jurisdiction of any legal system-recall what you learned about jurisdiction in CrJ 1 class).
2. How does the California Voluntary Tattoo Removal Program benefit victims of human trafficking? Why has the California legislature extended this program to include victims of human trafficking?
3. What are the responsibilities of US Department of Labor mandated under the 2013 TVPRA?
4. What are the legal requirements before a trafficker’s property can be forfeited by the state in sentencing phase?
5. If police arrested an underage prostitute and an adult prostitute, what legal criterion the officer may use to determine if both are the victims of human trafficking or only one is victim of human trafficking?
6. California legislature decriminalized child prostitution in 2017 ( SB 1322). Can we say this legislation legalized child prostitution? If yes, why? If not, why not? (See PPTX CA law for details. You can also google for legal debate on SB 1322.) What crime is SB 1322 actually decriminalized and what criminal acts are not legalized ?