1. French and Raven (1958) determined five forms of power. What are they and what form of power could be possessed by an IT professional?
2. In Database Normalisation, what is Second Normal Form? Provide an example to illustrate your answer.
3. What is meant by Master Data and why is it one of the most complex types of data within an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system?
4. What is a Data Flow Diagram (DFD) and what are its key components?
5. What are the principles of good User Interface (UI) Design?
6. What are the key stages within the Planning Phase of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Provide an example for each. (5 marks)
7. What do you understand by the term “Process technology” and its relevance with the operations management area?
8. What are the different types of information process technology? List some application areas of information process technology within an organisation
9. List and explain the components of an Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) (5 marks). Construct an ERD for an online business of your choice using these notations (10 marks). You should aim for a relatively simple process, but ensure that all components are included at least once.
10. Introduce the Systems Development Lifecycle with specific reference to the waterfall model (5 marks). Evaluate the principles and values of Agile in relation to this model (5 marks). Furthermore, critically discuss the following statement (5 marks),
‘Agile has largely replaced the traditional Waterfall model as the methodology of choice for Technology Professionals.’
11. Introduce the 5-step Maturity Framework for Information Systems (5 marks). Using an example of an Information System from an organization with which you are familiar. Locate the organisation within the framework and explain how it would ‘climb’ the maturity model to a higher step (10 marks).
12. The success of the implementation an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system largely depends on how well the organisation understands its own business and processes. Discuss this statement in relation to the costs and benefits of such systems.
13. What are the three dimensions for evaluating the Process Technology in an organisation? (5 marks). Explain each dimension from the perspective of volume-variety matrix and give examples (10 marks).
14. Draw a detailed Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) diagram of a taxi ordering service from the mobile app. The BPMN should contain at least all basic components and some additional ones discussed in the class.
The five forms of power that French and Raven identified are legitimate, coercive, reward, informative, and expert. An IT professional could possess expert power by having a deep understanding of the technology they are working with and the ability to use that knowledge to influence the decisions of others. An IT manager could have coercive power by threatening to withhold pay or bonuses if employees do not comply with their demands. A manager could also have reward power, which they could use to incentivize employees by offering them rewards for meeting certain targets or goals.
Informative power is a less common form of power, but it can be just as influential. This type of power comes from having information that others do not have access to and using it to influence their decisions. For example, an IT professional who has inside information about a new product release could use this knowledge to persuade other employees to purchase the product. Finally, legitimate power is a form of authority that comes from holding a position of power within an organization. An IT manager who has been with the company for many years and has a lot of experience in the field could have this type of power.
The five forms of power can be used in different ways, but they all ultimately aim to influence the decisions of others. When used correctly, these forms of power can be incredibly effective in getting employees to comply with demands or achieve goals. However, it is important to use them sparingly and only when absolutely necessary, as too much power can lead to resentment and resistance from employees.
She is a great writer, editor, very good with understanding the task at hand and taking directions of what is being asked of her. Also she's very time efficient, I received my paper ahead of time with tracked changes so that if I had anything I would like to change, she would be able to do that and I would still receive my paper on time. Definitely use her services again.
Great revision for my paper! Thank you so much!
I was surprised by how fast the writer accomplished this task in only a couple of hours with really high standards writing. Very satisfied
Great working with Terrence, very responsive and able to adjust on the fly if needed. Recommend highly.
Greats work and on time which is definitely a plus. She is underrated. Her attention and quality and not to mention price will allow her to get first pick when it comes to our professional article writing needs within our company. A+
He did exactly what I asked him and more! Delivered very quickly and communication was easy. Support team also swift. The work was very professionally done and delivered as expected I highly recommend this service with full appreciation and give it a positive stamp of approval. Thank you!
This is my 2nd time working with Isabella. Her knowledge and skills are exceptional. She understands the brief and able to produce exceptional content in a short turnaround time. Her attention and quality and not to mention price will allow her to get first pick when it comes to professional writing needs within our company. A+
First time using Pehdih. When I was writing my dissertation, I got stuck using SPSS to analyze the data. The writer was very kind and understood the task completely. He helped me analyze the data. Thank you for the great work. I recommend this vendor A LOT. Will definitely be back for more
Presented her with 2 very broad topics to research and summarize into points I could use for my book. Output was excellent, delivering a clear summary to the questions in a very short turn around. Will definitely use again!
Copyright © 2012 - 2023 Apaxresearchers - All Rights Reserved.