Cipla Case Study Analysis: Business Plan for Room For Dessert
1. What is your assessment of how well the various parties are handling the global AIDS pandemic?
2. How does Cipla’s business model differ from that of the traditional pharmaceutical companies? What are the key drivers and challenges to Cipla’s success?
3. In your view, do Cipla’s business practices constitute unfair competition?
4. What should Dr. Hamied and his company do in response to the challenges they face?
5. What, if anything, should the following parties do to combat the global AIDS crisis: (1) “Big Pharma,” (2) “rich country” governments, (3) non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and non-profits such as the Clinton Foundation?