1) List the classes of Porifera and tell what kind of material the skeleton is made out of in each class
2) Discuss the biology of the Cnidaria
a) Describe the two types of body plans
b) Describe the three types of cnidoblasts
c) Describe the life cycle of Aurelia. Use these terms: sperm, egg, zygote, planula, scyphistoma, strobili, ephyra, medusa.
3) Discuss locomotion in ctenophores
4) Explain what is meant by the following terms used by malacologists: shell, mantle, visceral hump, foot, radula. Describe the trochophore larva and the veliger larva of mollusks.
5) List the subphyla of the Arthropoda. Discuss the evolutionary novelties that distinguish the arthropods from all other animals.
6) List the classes of Echinodermata. Discuss the evolutionary novelties that distinguish echinoderms from all other animals.
7) List the subphyla of Chordata. Discuss the evolutionary novelties that distinguish chordates from all other animals.