Answer TWO Questions
Each answer must have a MAXIMUM word count of 1200 words
1. Multinational enterprises (MNEs) can have three different
approaches to Global Talent Management. Critically evaluate the
advantages and disadvantages of each approach. Explain how they
can co-exist in the same MNE and provide examples.
2. The Covid-19 pandemic has led to changes in the way people work.
These changes can influence international human resource
management practices in MNEs currently and in the future. Explain
the growth of remote work and how it can challenge Perlmutter’s
(1969) model of IHRM orientations.
3. Perlmutter’s (1969) model of IHRM orientations can be strongly
related to Prahalad and Doz’s (1987) model. Explain how each type
of MNE strategy from Prahalad and Doz’s (1987) model is
associated with Perlmutter’s (1969) model.
4. Explain the five modes of global integration and local
responsiveness in MNEs’ human resource management function.
Illustrate your answer with examples.
5. The universalist paradigm in human resource management has
been frequently criticised. Explain the reasons behind such criticism
by addressing the notion of contextualism and linking it with the
concepts of national and organisational culture.
(End of Question Paper)