Please draw a capability curve for a synchronous generator and state the three limits. (9 points)
2. What is load frequency control? Which involves? (6 points)
3. Please draw the phasor diagram of a synchronous generator with leading power factor. (6 points)
4. Please draw the per-phase equivalent circuit for a synchronous motor. (6 points)
5. Please use mathematic equations to explain the process how a synchronous motor under constant excitation to response the load decrease. (15 points)
6. Please provide the math formulas for the follow physical variables, given an induction motor. (12 points in total)
a. The torque and slip relationship. (2points)
b. The maximum torque. (2 points) c. The value of the slip when the motor achieve its maximum torque (2 points). d. Please use a math property to explain why the motor can achieves it maximum torque (6-b) when the slip is at the value of (6-c) (6 points).
7. A 100-HP 440 v, 0.8 pf-leading, Delta connection synchronous motor has an armature resistance of 0.3 Ω and a synchronous reactance of 4.0 Ω. Its efficiency at full load 96%. (16 points) a. What is the input power to the motor at rated conditions? (4 points) b. What is the reactive power consumed by or supplied by the motor at rated conditions? (4 points) c.