1. What are the specific challenges associated with arson investigation?
2. What are the most common fuel sources used in arsons?
3. What are ideal samples to collect as evidence and how should they be collected?
4. What instrumentation is useful for the analysis of arson and fire debris evidence?
5. What are some drawbacks of using Gas Chromatography in arson investigations?
6. Why are the number of forensic scientists who investigate arson cases limited? Why is this not generally a major part of general forensic chemistry training?
7. What do vapor pressure, flash point and other general chemistry factors play in fire investigations?
8. What are the common means of sample preparation for arson investigation evidence?