A performance appraisal is a regular review of employee job performance and contribution to organizational objectives. In many cases, performance appraisals are conducted at the end of the year to evaluate employee performance, as well as set performance for the next year. For this assignment, you will evaluate another function of HR and management and its contribution to effective performance management. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the article Adapting the Performance Appraisal Process to Meet the Needs of the Modern Workplace (Links to an external site).
In your paper,
1. Discuss how performance appraisals are a function of HR and management.
2. Analyze the basic components of an effective performance appraisal.
3. Explain how performance appraisals can contribute to organizational goals and objectives.
4. Explain the advantages of performance appraisals and how they contribute to effective training and development.
5. Explain potential forms of discrimination based on labor laws and regulations when conducting a performance appraisal.
For additional support with completing this assignment, please refer to the following tools:
1.Finding HR Journals in the AU Library (Links to an external site.). This tip sheet will support you in researching through the Ashford University Library.
2. What Is CRAAP: A Guide to Evaluating Web Sources (Links to an external site.). This will assist you in determining the reliability of an HR website.
3. Scholarly and Popular Resources(1) (Links to an external site.).This tutorial explains the differences between scholarly and popular resources.
4. Human Resource Research With FindIt@AU (Links to an external site.). This tip sheet will support you in researching through the Ashford University Library.
The Performance Appraisal paper must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)