Essay for grad school application. “You have a chance to express yourself and the ways you think and work, which will help us analyze your candidacy in more depth.”
Essay topic; “How do you imagine social interactions within 10 years, taking into consideration the impact of technology on human relations?”
– apply relevant historical examples of technological advancements affecting human interactions (e.g. face-to-face, telephone, television, fax, beeper, mobile phone, text, e-mail, social media, video conference, etc.) and outcomes. For ex., millenials are more inclined to communicate via email/ text whereas gen x are more telephone inclined.
– apply my own personal experience as a sales person throughout my career, where human relations are everything, and the challenges brought by the global pandemic and our suddenly virtual business environment without the face-to-face to which I’d grown accustomed.
– I expect a permanent curtailing of business travel in a post-pandemic world leading to accelerated advancements in technology enabled social interactions.
– in 10yrs, I expect virtual reality or holographic interactions whereby people interact in a space together without being physically present.
– while human relations will continue to adapt, the fundamentals will remain unchanged and human nature is meant to be kind.